Search This Blog

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Scary

I'm drawn emotionally to damaged characters 
because there is more to unlock.
~ Helena Bonham Carter
- - - - -

I am not sure why people like to be scared.  I don't particularly like it.  I like to be surprised in pleasant ways, but not startled.  I like to experience the unexpected, but not the unwanted.  I like to be caught off guard but not in a hostile way.

I think there is enough real terror in the world that we don't have to add to that through movies or books or other media.  In fact, we could tone that stuff down.  I have some ideas for less scary Halloween movies.

"Frank and Ben Stein"
"The Mummy Returns a Library Book"
"The Good Vampire Who Only Helped People"
"Witch Crafts: Popsicle Sticks, Googly Eyes and Paste"

(pause)

Don't think any of these films will be good?  Well, you're wrong because Meryl Streep is in three of them and Tom Hanks is in the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment