Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Flamingo

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo flying
across in front of a beautiful sunset?  And he's carrying a beautiful rose
in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet?
And also, you're drunk.
~ Jack Handey
- - - - -

I love these flamingos.  I have posted several pictures of them.  I think they are hilarious.  I am drawn to them for some strange reason - just as I am drawn to all types of lawn flamingos.  I don't really want them in my yard, but I like seeing them around.

Now, I must admit that if my neighbor put out a pot full of skeleton-flamingos, I would have some concerns.  Why would they put out so many of them?  Why only skeleton flamingos?  What's going on there?

Would I be more or less disturbed if someone put a single skeleton flamingo in my yard?  Less.  If it was just one.  And just happened one time.  I would actually like it.  It would make me laugh.  But if there were a lot, I might wonder what was going on.  Or if it was several over the course of a week, I might be concerned.

(pause)

Nah.  I wouldn't.  I would be curious as to who left them, but I probably wouldn't be too upset or concerned.  Of course, this is coming from someone who wasn't alarmed about received Barbie parts in the mail over the course of several weeks.  I am not always a good gauge of what ought to be concerning or alarming.

But a single clown...  I'd be addressing that immediately and with vigilance.

"But, Michelle," you might ask, "What about clown skeletons?  What would be your reaction to that?"

To which I would respond, "What is WRONG with you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment