Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2013

October


I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
L. M. Montgomery

- - - - -

I love fall.  I LOVE IT!  Seriously, I really, really love it.  October maybe is my favorite month.  I like the way things smell and look and feel.  I like the weather.  I like the stuff going on in the fall.  I love it.

It is interesting because there is so much going on in the autumn.  Students have returned to school and are learning - in and out of the classrooms.  So it is a time of beginnings.  The harvest happens.  So it is a time of endings.  We change our clocks back an hour.  So it is a time of gains.  Leaves fall off the trees so it is a time of loss.  Squirrels stash nuts and other animals get ready for winter.  It is a time of preparation.  We carve pumpkins and dress up for Halloween.  It is a time of presentation.

Fall is a lot of times.  Mostly good times, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment