Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Love

If only one could tell true love from false love as one can tell mushrooms from toadstools.
~ Katherine Mansfield
- - - - -
 
Well, Katherine Mansfield.  Maybe we can tell them apart just as easily.  But it requires a lot of time and reflection and critique and honesty.  Just like it takes time to look up that these are probably coprinus comatus (Shaggy Inkcap or Shaggy Mane).  It probably took me about four minutes to figure that out.
 
And most people aren't willing to invest that kind of time in love.  They want to just know or just feel or just fall.  Well, good luck with that. 
 
You might see this Shaggy Inkcap and thing that it is inedible.  I would have thought that.  I mean, coma is part of the name, right?  Well...  not so fast, my friend.  They are actually mushrooms and edible. 
 
Does this mean that you should get to know someone before you decide if you love them, yes.  Does it mean I am in love with Shaggy from Scooby Doo?  No.  Not at all.  I'm not really even sure why you would ask that.

No comments:

Post a Comment