Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Morning

Be pleasant until ten o'clock in the morning 
and the rest of the day will take care of itself.
~ Elbert Hubbard
- - - - -

I completely agree with the quote above.  I think that is such a great philosophy.  Unfortunately, I cannot abide by it.  It's not that I don't want, too.  It's not even that I don't try.  I just don't like to engage in small talk in the mornings.  I'm not good at it.  I haven't warmed up, yet.

I have found that it is best for me to either go off by myself OR to close my door at work in the mornings sometimes.  It's best for me and best for others.  I do immensely appreciate the fact that my colleagues engage in morning chit-chat and small talk and kindnesses to one another.  I just am kind of sucky at it.

There are exceptions.  There are days I wake up ready to talk and listen and laugh.  It's not that I'm usually cranky in the mornings, I just need quiet time to get going.  Truth be told, I am happy most every morning when I wake up.  I'm just not ready to spread happiness to others.  

On the weekends, when I'm often by myself in the morning that works out just fine.  I respect my own need for quiet and don't even talk to myself until later in the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment