Search This Blog

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Apples

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
~ Carl Sagan
- - - - -

When I write my blog, I work to try and bring the pieces together to make something new.  A quote.  A photo.  Something I thought or heard or thought I heard.

Like recently I was trying to come up with something about "The William Penn Overture."  And it would have involved apples.  And then it would have talked about how if William Penn and William Tell ever met they could have gone to Vegas and had some kind of archery and Tower of London escape act and called themselves "Penn & Tell."

But the pieces just didn't come together right.  I'm strong enough to admit that sometimes I can't make things fit the way I'd like.

Sometimes you're trying to make an apple pie but you only have crab apples, so it isn't really what you were going for.  Ironically, if you use Ritz Crackers you can get pretty close to that apple pie, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment