Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Gifts

You take away all the other luxuries in life, and if you can make someone smile and laugh, you have given the most special gift: happiness.
~ Brad Garrett
- - - - -

A while ago some people on FB posted something along the lines of, "The older you get the shorter your list of Christmas gifts becomes and you find that they aren't things you can buy."

(pause)

Okay, I'm sure it was worded a lot better than that.

But my point is that I agree.  I heard once - and I think of this often - "The things you own, own you."  It was about not being materialistic or becoming attached to stuff.  Good advice.

You want things like peace and love and kindness and revenge.  But you can't buy those things.

(pause)

Actually, that's not true.  You can buy revenge...  Allegedly.

And you can buy love.

You know what, forget it.  I just think when you get older the things you want for Christmas are super-expensive and often illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment