Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Elk

Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.
~ Carl Sandburg
- - - - -

On one of my Iowa drive-around adventures, I came upon this elk farm.  It was...  I don't remember where it was.  I am not completely sure I was supposed to wander around the property where I found it.  I mean, there weren't locked gates or doors, but sometimes I go places I'm not supposed to go.

Anyway, I hadn't ever seen elk like this before.  There was a bin of apples (the sort of semi-rotted apples you pick up off the ground if you have apple trees).  I threw them to the animals.  They liked them.

I didn't expect to see the elk.
I don't know if they expected me to feed them apples or not.
 It was a nice interaction.

If I had a pet elk, I would name him Lawrence.  You might think it would be because then he would be "Lawrence Elk."  Not so.  It's because I like Jennifer Lawrence.

I wouldn't make my elk do The Hunger Games, though.  I don't think it would do very well with the interview portion with Stanley Tucci.



No comments:

Post a Comment