Search This Blog

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Destruction

Right or wrong, it's very pleasant to break something from time to time.
~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- - - - -

I think I agree with this, but I'm not sure.  I suppose it depends on what one is breaking.  Breaking spirits - no.  I don't think that is pleasant from time to time.  I hope others do not either.  Breaking wind?  Breaking the tension?  Breaking Bad, yes.  Those things are pleasant from time to time.

I think there is a fine line between breaking things and cleaning things.  There is some sort of purge that happens with both.  You are getting rid of something.  Or at least changing the form of something. 

The other day I was cleaning out my email.  That felt good.  While I was doing it "Skyfall" by Adele came on.  I thought about how it changed the feel of purging my messages.  It felt more spy-like.  Well, not really.  But it changed how my mind was feeling.  

And later I thought how glad I was that it wasn't the Mission Impossible theme that had come on.  If that music started, I think I would have been inclined to purge everything before it self-destructed!

I'm just kidding.  I know it doesn't work that way.

Computer elves destroy things in computers.  They don't just self-destruct.  And I'm pretty sure the elves in computers are disgruntled and dismissed Santa's elves.  At least that's how it feels when they mess with my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment