Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2014

Happy

There is only one way to achieve lasting happiness.  
That way is simply: Be happy.  
After reading that, you might be having some or all of the following thoughts: "It's stupid, and I'm beginning to feel very unhappy about buying this book.  I hope it gets better."
~ Chris Prentiss
- - - - -

Those opening lines are why I bought the book Zen and the Art of Happiness.  It was okay.  I didn't like the parts where the author went on and on about the addiction recovery place he started.  It read a little bit like an infomercial at times.

But that isn't my point.  My point is that when I read those sentences out loud to Leslie, she spit Diet Coke all over her kitchen.

And I decided to be happy about that.  And I was.  And I still am.

No comments:

Post a Comment