Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Police

I think God's going to come down and pull civilization over for speeding.
~ Steven Wright
- - - - -

The police pull people over for lots of reasons.  Speeding.  Broken tail lights.  Expired tags.  Reckless driving.  Not wearing seat belts.  

I like to think that they are trying to help us be safe and make the world safer for all of us.  That's what I like to think.

I also think that if you can answer the, "Do you know why I pulled you over," question you should get a percent off of whatever ticket you might receive.  Although maybe you should get money off if you don't know what you were doing because that implies you didn't mean to.

I haven't really worked out the details of this idea.

But not too long ago I saw a police car that had pulled over a hearse.  I like to think that when the officer got up to the driver's window he asked, "So, what's your hurry?"

No comments:

Post a Comment