Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Kipp

Don't overact the story of your name.  Overact the story of your work.
~Karl Lagerfeld
- - - - -
 
I like to look for things connected with names.  If I see things, I try to take photos and share them with those people.  I don't always have a chance to get the photo.  I was going to take a photo of the town sign for "Bryan" and send it to my friend "Bryan," but I didn't have time on my recent drive from Iowa to Pennsylvania.  Sorry, Bryan.
 
When I saw the Kipp Lane sign in Clemson, SC however, I made sure I went back to get a photo.  As my friend Kipp says, "There are lots of people named Kip, but the ones with the extra "p" - well, that sets the rest of us apart from the average Kip."  I don't know that I agree.  I mean extra "p" Kipps may be more special, but I don't know a lot of single "p" Kips.  Of course, I could be completely misquoting him, too.  I know there's something about the extra "p."  Sometimes I just make stuff up in this blog.
 
In case you hadn't already figured that out.
 
Here is some truth, though.  As far as my name goes, I have a lot of nicknames.  Most people now just call me "Michelle" or "Dr. Awesome."  Either of which is fine.
 
That said, no one has ever once called me "space cowboy," "gangster of love" or "maurice."
 
Truth be told, I'm fine with that.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment