Search This Blog

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Step

Every failure is a step to success.
~ William Whewell
- - - - -

Text from Kirk on September 3rd.

Kirk:  I'm sure you remember, but just in case, it's moms birthday today!

Kirk:  No it's not.  I fail.

Me: You are the bad child.  I sent her the movie Noah and a card yesterday.  Should get to her tomorrow.  If you think of it, do remind me again about her birthday.  On her real birthday.

Kirk:  I will.  I sent flowers and just spent 5 minutes telling her happy birthday before she politely corrected me.  Birthday fail.  Uncle David's birthday ruins everything!!!!

Me:  Sorry your life is so hard.

Kirk:  Thank you!  Finally someone understands me!

Me:  Yes.  I do.  And it is terrifying.

(2 days later)

Kirk:  Today is moms birthday.  Her real one.  like the one she was actually born on.

Me:  Ok.  Thanks for the reminder!

Kirk:  I might remind you again in 2 days if I forget the correct date again.

Me:  Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment