Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Following

Are we to paint what's on the face, what's inside the face or what's behind it?
~ Pablo Picasso
- - - - -

My friend Suzy wrote something the other day about how there are a lot of assholes in the world.  Some days A LOT, some days just some.  (I'm paraphrasing.  That's not how she said it).

She's right.  There are a lot of assholes in the world doing a lot of rotten things.  I don't know why they do the wrong things, and I don't know how they find peace in themselves when they do the wrong things.  But they're here and they do and it's the way it is.

Some days I feel - like Suzy - that they are all around me.  Even on good days, though…  on good days when I feel like most people are good and are trying to do the best they know how…  even on those days I feel like there's always at least one asshole following me around.