Search This Blog

Friday, February 14, 2014

Sutra

To be whole.  To be complete.  Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.
~ Terry Tempest Williams
- - - - -

I found out the other day that the word "sutra" means "thread."  It is also used to refer to the sermons of the Buddha.  However, it originated from sanskrit meaning "thread."

I like that.  I believe that we are all connected.  What we do has an impact on others and by extension what we do today affects us in the future - in a moment or an hour or a week or someday.  Similarly, what others do affects us.  We can't control what others do, though.  We can only control what we do and, as I said, what we do comes back to affect us. 

I might write a book about how our actions connect us to ourselves - like a thread wrapping back upon us.  I think I will call it The Karma Sutra.