Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Thoughts

We become what we think about.
~ Earl Nightingale
- - - - -
 
I am not off to such a good start today.  It snowed and blowed (I know it's not grammatically correct, but it works rhythmically and rhymically - well it did work rhythmically before this paranthetical comment) and there was a drift about 18 inches high just on my half of  the driveway.  I shoveled and got cold.
 
On a positive note, a guy with a snow blade came and helped me finish.
 
On my way in to work, I was feeling a little overwhelmed and tired.  It honestly might have more to do with the weather than anything else.  It has been a long cold winter.  I knew it was going to be.  At least I suspected it according to the Farmer's Almanac.  Still, it's been rough.
 
I was also frustrated that I hadn't posted a blog today.  Then I found this quote - intentionally trying to cheer and motivation and inspiration to myself.  And I agree with the quote.  I used a photo of bridge because I love bridges.  They represent things and people to me.  I like to try and bridge ideas and individuals and intentions to create good and new things.
 
I don't know that I THINK about bridges a lot.  I do when I see them.  I don't always walk around with thoughts of bridges in my head, though.  I probably think about writing more than anything else.  Things I need to write mostly - for work, for fun, for future goals.  So, maybe I will eventually become a writer.  I'd like that.

I know some other people who I think may become bicycles, bills, babies, Batman, fame, power and tacos.
 
You know who you are.