Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

Knowledge

I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did.  I said I didn't know.
~ Mark Twain
- - - - -
 
I agree that knowledge is power.  We all know some things.  Some of us know a lot about a little, some of us know a little about a lot.  Some of us know things that no one woould suspect we know.  Some people know more than they share, others know less than you'd expect.
 
My point is, everyone carries some knowledge.  Some memories.  And we need to respect that.  There is a lot we can learn from the knowledge of others - if we are open to it.  If we listen without thinking about what we will say next.  If we focus on the other person instead of on ourselves.
 
If I use myself as an example, I don't pretend to know everything.  I just - no, wait.  I do.