Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

TV

So please, oh please, we beg, we pray,
go throw your TV set away.
And in its place you can install,
a lovely bookcase on the wall.
~ Roald Dahl
- - - - -

It's nice to have someone to say good night to.  I think that is what we learned from the Waltons.  Well, those of us who watched the Waltons.  Well, those of YOU who watched the Waltons.  I don't think I ever saw a whole episode.

But my point is - remember how they used to say goodnight to one another?  I think that's nice and good and supportive and loving.

I think they could have been a tad more creative.  Or maybe if the people saying goodnight had been cast differently…

"Good night Elizabeth Montgomery."
"Good Night Mama Cass Elliott"
"Good Night Daddy Longlegs."
"Good night Elton Johnboy."
"Good night David Ben-Gurion."
"Good night Jim Bob Marley."

That is a show I would watch.  Well, at least an episode or two.

(pause)

We both know that I wouldn't watch that show.

Now "The Matthew Brady Bunch" I WOULD watch.  Because I like photography.