Search This Blog

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Self

We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange
that self might prove to be.
~ May Sarton
- - - - -

I like to be by myself sometimes.  Other times, I like to be with people.  Well, some people.  I usually never want to be around chaotic mobs of people.  I know some of you like that, but not me so much.  I mean, I'm fine watching a chaotic mob from a distance through a telescope with all the lights off in my house so no one can see me, but I don't need to be in the middle of that crazy weirdness.

It is difficult sometimes, though, when someone you really want to be with isn't around.  It could be a partner or a friend or a child or an inmate pen pal.  Distance can be a challenge.

For example, this conversation from last night…

Leslie:  I just like to be with you.

Me:  Me, too.

Leslie:  You like to be with you?

Me:  I do.  It's the best.