Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Patience

Have patience.  All things are difficult before they become easy.
~ Saadi
- - - - -

I love this quote.  It is very true.  I don't always have patience, though.  If I would slow down sometimes the end result would be better than when I rush.  Which is why I try not to leave things until the last minute.  Well, in my work I try not to.  I kind of like not having a plan in my personal life.  It's more spontaneous that way.

But still, it would be good if I would take moment now and then to think before I act.  Certainly to think before I speak.  And maybe even to wait before I think.  Yes.  I think if I would wait before thinking, then I would not just react to things, but would be clearer-minded an prepared to think.

Like yesterday's blog post.  It was about the Olympics and I joked that Leslie could sell programs there.  Then I said I appreciated her being patient with me.

What was I thinking?!

Clearly, if I had taken a moment, instead of appreciating her being patient, I would have said - given it was the Olympics - that she was a "good sport."

Dang it!  I hate it when that happens.  I want everything correct the first time.  Right now!  NOW!  Daddy, I want a squirrel NOW!

(pause)

That was my Veruca Salt impersonation.  I sound just like her when I type.