Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ghosts

It's easier to dismiss ghosts in the daylight.
~ Patricia Briggs
- - - - -

I took this photo on June 23, 2013.  So far as I can tell, these ghosts are on the tree all the time.  Now, it could be a sapling for a haunted forest and it just hasn't branched out yet, but I don't think so.  This is in a very residential part of my town. 

I could go to the house where this tree is and ask the people who live in the house why they have ghosts on the tree in their front yard all year round.  But I think the stories I would make up would be better.  That is, if I took the time to make stories up.  They would be good.  And probably a mix of grown-up and children's literature.  Maybe some poetry.  Of course a haiku or two. 

What ARE you, ghost tree?
Terrified or petrified?
Maybe some of both.


And it's possible that the reason for the ghosts on this tree is really sad, and I'm not in the mood to hear a sad story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment