Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Power

Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters
cannot be trusted with important matters.
~ Albert Einstein
- - - - -

Truth is power.  The power to face reality with integrity and honor.  The power to know you have done right and been as good as you can be.  The power of honesty and forthrightness and character.

I know people who live lives based on falsehood.  We all know people like that, I suspect.  I struggle when I see those people getting success (or opportunity) rewards (or sympathy) when the realities they espouse and share with others are twisted and manipulated to relieve them of responsibility.

My job is to work with people and try to help them learn how to take responsibility for their actions.  I am glad that most of the people with whom I interact are good at owning their decisions and actions and - in most cases - learning from the mistakes they make.

Some people don't.  That is frustrating - not only in work, but in life.  Like when someone forgets to include the word "awesome" when they reference me.  That is so frustrating.  Not that they forget, but that they fail to take responsibility and give me a GIFT with the apology note.  The note is nice and all, but - seriously - where's the GIFT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment