Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

8

For disappearing acts, it's hard to beat what happens to the eight hours 
supposedly left after eight hours of sleep and eight of work.
~ Doug Larson
- - - - - 

I like the idea that numbers have special meaning.  The links between trinity and three.  The idea that a zero looks like a hole into which all the other numbers fall.  The fact that 12:34 is my favorite time of day.

I looked at what the number 8 means. It seems to mean mostly good things.  It is an infinity symbol on its side.  Completion.  Continuation.  Never-ending.  It makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I two of-ten one-der what I eight four dinner last night.  Not really.  That would be asi-nine.

Words are fun.  And numbers as words are fun.  But not funner.  Because that's not a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment