Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Listening

I like to listen.  I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. 
Most people never listen.
~ Ernest Hemingway
- - - - -
 
I sometimes am not sure if I am not a good listener or if I have a hearing problem.  Or both.  Or just a lack of attention.  Which could mean I am not a good listener. 
 
Anyway, the other day Patty came in and I swore she said, "So, lyin' sack-a..."
 
I said, "WHAT did you say?!"
 
She said, "I said, 'So, July second.'"
 
I laughed and said that I had misheard her and told her what I thought she said.  And then she said, "Butt wipe--!" but I interrupted her and I asked, "WHAT did you say?!"
 
She said, "' 'Bout like--'"
 
I'm not sure if this says that I am a bad listener or if I just think that Patty has a potty mouth and likes to call me names.  Probably some of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment