Search This Blog

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cemetery

Instead of working for the survival of the fittest, we should be working for the survival of the wittiest - then we can all die laughing.
~ Lily Tomlin
- - - - -

When Leslie doesn't necessarily want to do something but knows she should or needs to do it or that someone else wants her to do it, she says, "Well, at least it will be an anthropological experience."  I think about that sometimes.  About learning about the cultures and lives of different people.  It is pretty interesting.

Like when Leslie shared with me about the anthropology of some of her people - librarians.  She went to a librarian conference once time and was talking about the vendor fair and how people love free stuff.  She said, "You wouldn't want to be on Survivor with a bunch of librarians because they'd kill you over a Jolly Rancher."

I bet they would be fun to play, "Desert Island Books" with, though.  Unless they all just wanted to bring the Old English Dictionary.  I've read parts of it  There's no real plot...

Oh.  And I guess it's called the Oxford English Dictionary.  See?  I'd probably get voted off the island just for that!  Which is too bad because I think I could build a pretty solid bookshelf if I had to.  Their loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment