Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2013

Understanding

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
~ SØren Kirkegaard
- - - - -
Okay, so I know I've mentioned this before, but I don't blog a lot about my work.  I love my job and I really, really love the people in my area.  Which is good. Since I hired them and explained their primary responsibility is to make sure I enjoy myself and have fun at work every day.  And they meet or exceed my expectations most every day.
One of the things I think makes us such a strong team is that we have different interests and talents, but our core philosophy is the same.  We do our work well and communicate well with one another about opportunities and challenges.
Yesterday Joe and Sara and I were talking and Joe jumped from my question about why we still have young men reigster for selective service to a commentary on the raisin industry.  Sara remarked that I am very patient with Joe and with her when they jump from one seemingly disconnected concept to the next.  Joe explained that raisins and selective service were connected because they were government programs which grew out of the Great Depression.
I did not know that.
I told Sara that I am fine with the two of them jumping topics frequently.  "Listening to the two of you, " I shared, "Is like reading a Kurt Vonnegut book.  It doesn't make sense in the moment sometimes, but I know it's all going to come together in the end."
I have a good life and very good people in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment