Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Imagination


Imagination is an almost divine faculty which, without recourse to any philosophical method, immediately perceives everything: the secret and intimate connections between things, correspondences and analogies.
 ~ Charles Baudelaire
- - - - -

I think imagination is unlimited.  I think it is at times restricted - by the culture or the classroom or the self - but I don't think there are any natural boundaries on one's imagination.  We can imagine most things and things which are not yet things.  How amazing is that?  To picture something that does not exist.  Amazing.

For example, when someone said to me, "That outfit doesn't leave much to the imagination!" I had to disagree.  I said, "I can imagine more clothes on that person."

See?  Unlimited.

No comments:

Post a Comment