Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cry

Cry.  Forgive.  Learn.  Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.
~ Steve Maraboli
- - - - -
 
It's okay to cry.  Sometimes things build up and you have to get it out of your system.  Or you have to let it come to the surface so you can make meaning of what you are going through (or have gone through or are about to go through).  Crying can be a part of healing.
 
Crying can also be annoying.  Like when Erik cried because I hid the Hugo: Man of a Thousand Faces hand puppet in the bathroom so it would be staring at him when he turned on the light. It wasn't that the crying he did was annoying so much as it was the crying I did when I got in trouble for scaring him.  It annoyed me that that happened.
 
It's hard to be the oldest and to try and teach your younger siblings about the harshness and scariness of life, only to get in trouble for it all the time.  Does it make me want to cry?  No.  It does make me want to find that Hugo puppet, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment