Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

WIndow

Strange things blow in through the window on the wings of the night wind and I don't worry about my destiny.
~ Carl Sandburg
- - - - -

I like to look at windows and think about what might be going on behind them.  I think it is interesting to imagine the people inside navigating their lives and tragedies and successes and dramas. 

Rear Window is one of my favorite movies.  It is such a snapshot of one building and what happened there.  And the fact that Jimmy Stewart is witness to it all.  And he's not a creeper for watching everyone.  Mainly because he's Jimmy Stewart.  Also because he is bored with his broken leg.

But, as we all know, you shouldn't go around looking in people's windows.  You might see things you wish you hadn't.  Or things you shouldn't have seen.  And then you have Perry Mason coming to get you.  And no one wants that.  Perry Mason is scary when he's angry.

Not as scary as Charles Mason, though.  I mean Charles Manson.  That guy is scarier than Perry Mason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment