Search This Blog

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Meters

Aspire to Inspire before you Expire!
~ Eugene Bell, Jr.
- - - - -

We all have limited time in our lives.  Each day which passes is one less day than we had the day before.  I don't dwell on that too much, but eventually we run out of time.  We are at the end and - if we are lucky - we have some good days to reflect on what we have contributed or the joys in our lives.

I sometimes write my blogs in advance.  I'll get an idea for a specific post for someone's birthday or a seasonally-appropriate topic.  I then look ahead and schedule the post.

I have wondered recently what it would be like if something happened to me, but these posts kept coming.  I'm not trying to be morbid or overly dramatic or even a bummer.  I just wondered about it. 

I bet people would keep reading them.  They would want to see how many ahead I am.  And then maybe they'd think the posts were over, but they wouldn't be because I had one for Thanksgiving Day 2097 and that will be a big surprise to the grandchildren of people who read my blog today. 

Knowing my friends, though, they would still feel comfortable saying (to themselves since I wouldn't be there), "Wow.  She must not have had much going on to blog about.  This is not her best work."

I like authentic and honest people.  Especially when they say instead, "These blogs just get better and better every day!  I love this blog!"

No comments:

Post a Comment