Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cookies

I've never been very cookie cutter.  If I choose something different from the status quo, it's my responsibility and my choice to live my life that way.
~ Sara Ramirez
- - - - -

When I was a kid my favorite Sesame Street muppet was Cookie Monster.  He seemed pretty straight-forward:  Him liked cookies!  You knew, eventually, if Cookie Monster was in the scene, there was going to be a cookie reference.  It was predictable.  Stable.  Reassuring.

Now, though, I think my favorite muppet from Sesame Street is Grover.  He is frickin' hilarious.  I'm not usually one for physical / pratfall humor, but I love it when Grover does that stuff.  He's near.  He's far.  He's exhausted from showing you the difference between near and far.  How can you not love that guy?

When we were little I had a Cookie Monster puppet and Erik had a Grover puppet.  There was a slot in the back of the Cookie Monster puppets throat where you could shove cardboard cookies.

Know whom I don't like?  Elmo.  Elmo is for babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment