Search This Blog

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sandwich

Enjoy every sandwich.
~ Warren Zevon
- - - - -

It's weird to think there was a time when certain things didn't exist.  Like spoons.  Or cameras.  Or punctuation.  Or sandwiches.

Sure, I know the story that the Earl of Sandwich wanted to hunt but he got hungry so he had his cook come up with something he could eat while riding and the cook put meat between bread and now we call them sandwiches.  Pretty clever.  And appreciated.  Who doesn't enjoy a good sandwich?

I'm just glad he wasn't the Earl of Jersey or Legge or Dalhousie.  I don't want to eat jerseys or legs or doll houses for lunch.  Or dinner.  Sam I am.

I do like to pretend that the Earl of Sandwich was best hunting buddies with the Earl of Mayo and maybe Earl Grey.  They seem like they might get on well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment