Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Compose

We do not write because we want to; 
we write because we have to.
W. Somerset Maugham
- - - - -

I like composition books.  They represent possibility when they are unused and achievement in issues of reflection, meaning-making and (hopefully) critical thinking when they are filled.  I'm sure I also like them because I like to write.  Other people may not see them the same way.

I don't remember ever having to use a composition book, though.  I remember in college having to get blue books for exams in college.  I remember in high school getting spiral notebooks and three ring binders and even Trapper Keepers which - apparently - are too dangerous for schools today.  But I don't remember composition books.

I wonder if they make specialized versions of these books.  I hope so.  I would love it if they made decomposition books for people studying mortuary science.  I'm a simple person and it doesn't take much to entertain me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment