Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cakes


All the world's a birthday cake, so take a piece,
but not too much.
~ George Harrison
- - - - -

The other day - okay, about a month ago (which technically IS an other day from today) - I shared that I do not like the words "cuke" or "cukes" as short for cucumber.  Ginny posted, "Cake, very cute."  Then immediately posted, "Let's try that again: cuke, very cuke! (damn autocorrect!)"

Then I realized that if there was plant called a cakumber plant and it grew cakes that I think it would be a very popular plant.  Unless it grew exactly like cucumbers with those little microspines on it that get in your fingers and itch like crazy.  Then the cakumbers might be popular, but I bet the plants wouldn't be.

And I wouldn't imagine that dill cakumbers would be very popular.  Just like I don't think cupcukes are very popular.  Or at least I haven't heard about them.  And I'm on the cutting edge of culinary stuff.  Which is what we who are on the edge call food - "culinary stuff."

No comments:

Post a Comment