Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Moms

If writers write, then rangers range.  And I'd like to wake up every 
morning and be a mother, so I could eat my own clothes.
~ Jarod Kintz
- - - - -

One of the most important things a mom can do is to listen.  To hear what is said and what is left unsaid.  To know when to ask.  When to encourage.  When to be silent.  Really that is true of all of us - not just moms.  We would all be better served and serve others better if we listened well.

Like when Leslie kept talking about the "Creepy mom / soccer mom."  I listened to her.  And then I challenged her.  I told her, "I think it's weird that you equate creepy moms and soccer moms."

She paused and thought about it.  I figured she was reflecting on what I said.  And then she replied, "Not SOCCER MOM -- STALKER MOM."

I like that she took the time to clarify.  Listening is important.



So is enunciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment