Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

Curious

I have no special talent.  
I am only passionately curious.
~ Albert Einstein
- - - - -

I have written blogs like this before, but sometimes I find notes I have written and have no idea what they mean.  I assume they were possible prompts for the blog, but I am  not always sure.

Today, I found a Post-It brand post it note with the following on it:

"Fly in the car.  albatri pl of albatross.  coral sex."

Albatri is NOT the plural of albatross.  Albatrosses is.  Or albatross is also acceptable as plural.  However, I guess that albatri is Italian for albatross.  

I like to try to find ways to link disparate ideas.  This is a challenging one, though.

Coral reproduces asexually.  All three are living beings - fly, albatross, coral.  An albatross can fly.

I just tried an anagram generator for "fly albatri coral," but don't want to share what it generated.

Coral is the symbol of Florida.  An albatross is a symbol for a psychological burden.  A fly is a symbol for evil or mortality.  The state motto of Florida is "The Sunshine State."  It used to be "The Land of Good Living."

I think we have it.  An albatross is killed in the Rime of the Ancient Mariner.  A fly is a symbol of mortality and "The Land of Good Living" as a motto is dead to the state of Florida.

(pause)

I really wish I could remember what my blog ideas were for those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment