Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Time

Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.
~ Henry David Thoreau
- - - - -
 
My birthday is a month from today.  People think I make a big deal about my birthday because I mention it frequently.  It is a pretty important day.  At least in my life it is important.  It is kind of the starting point.  Not in an abstract metaphysical sense, but in a literal sense.
 
This year my birthday falls on a Saturday.  I was also born on a Saturday.  "Saturday's child works hard for a living," the saying goes.  That is true.  I do work pretty hard most days. 
 
You can also sing, "Works hard for a living" to the tune of Donna Summer's "She Works Hard for the Money." 
 
I just accidentally typed, "She Works Hard for the Monday."  That's interesting. And would be true if either someone worked an extra job on the weekends and the job she had on Monday was easier OR if she worked weekends and got Mondays off.
 
Anyway, you could also sing, "You work hard for my birthday," to the same tune.
 
My point is that hard work is important. 
And hard.
 
And my birthday is a month from today.


1 comment: