Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Reflection

Magic Mirror: Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations.  After all it is what I do.
~ Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
- - - - -

I think that sometimes movies do not send good life lessons.  Take Disney movies with princesses, for example.  There is a lot of talk about how they don't portray relationships in a very realistic or healthy way.  Like relationships with evil step-mothers.  But I think there is more to it than that.  I think if we really, really examine these films we can find other incredibly dangerous messages.

To my point, if someone was getting ready to go out somewhere and a bunch of birds started flying around trying to wrap ribbons and things around his or her neck or if the birds were pecking and pulling at the person's hair, I think freaking out and screaming is a better response in the real world than standing still and smiling and singing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment