Search This Blog

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Music

Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
~ Lao Tzu
- - - - -
 
I was looking on Craigslist recently and saw a posting for "74 Cassette Tapes."  I went and looked and it looked like my cassette tape collection from when I had cassette tapes.  I am not sure how someone got so many of my old tapes.  Or at least seemed to have gotten them.
 
And then I remembered the time when we had April Fool's Month in the hall where I was a resident assistant.  The pranks culminated in my room being disassembled and moved from in my room to between the elevators.  Loft and all. 
 
That wasn't the worst part.  The worst part was that someone also took my cassette tapes and moved them from one case to the next.  I had them in alphabetical order (because it is how I function best when it comes to music, DVDs, etc.).  At first I thought they had just scrambled them.  I realphabetized them and all was well.  Until I went to play one and it wasn't in the right case.
 
The most brilliant part of this was that they didn't reorganize them in any particular order.  It took me months to get that all sorted out.
 
Not only can music in the soul be heard by the universe, so could my growls of frustration at this entire experience.

But I'm over it now.  I barely remember it at all.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment