Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Dreams

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.
~ Erma Bombeck
- - - - -

When I was a kid I had a recurring dream of being on a train and being chased by a witch through the train.  I would get to the caboose and jump off in a tunnel and the witch would stand on the back of the caboose shaking her fist at me as the train sped away.

I'm not sure what that means.  First of all, other than in the movies or cartoons, I have never seen someone so angry that s/he shook her or his fist at another person.  That seems an unusual gesture.  Second, I guess it's good I was able to escape the witch, but now I'm stranded in a train tunnel in the middle of who knows where?  Third, I don't remember other people being on the train, but if there were other people, seriously?  They couldn't help a little kid out?  Finally, you might think that maybe the witch represents my mom and I was mad at her because she was trying to boss me around.  But you forget about the dream where I discovered that my mom was really Wonder Woman and she came to speak at a school assembly, so I don't think I thought she was the witch.

Why don't you like my mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment