Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Words

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by humankind.
~ Rudyard Kipling
- - - - -

I am confident I probably mentioned in my blog before that my least favorite word is "conglomerate."  It sticks in your throat, gag-like and ends too gently to clear the feeling by the time the word is done.  I hate that word.

I decided recently that my favorite word is "our."  I think that using that word unifies people psychologically which can lead to connecting us literally - emotionally, in terms of purpose, with a focus on the common good.  It is about sharing.  About care.  About partnership.  About togetherness.

It's as if the word is saying, "Oh, you are one with me.  We are together in this.  We share something."  And it is interesting that "our" is spelled "Oh, you are."  O - U - R.

Crazy, huh?  

P.S.  I love how this is our favorite blog.  Don't you?

1 comment:

  1. I totally do. ;)
    And my least favorite word is "moist."
    It's a disgusting word. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete