Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ista

Fashion is architecture.  It is a matter of proportions.
~ Coco Chanel
- - - - -

I am not sure the context of this conversation and who was involved in it.  It sounds like something Kirk and I would have said to one another.  It's hard to say, though.  There is a part of me that assumes this was just something I overheard since I am rarely involved in dialogue related to fashion.  Hard to believe, I know, but it's true.

Person 1:  He's looking for a fashionista.
Person 2:  Why would he want you?
Person 1:  I mean - if he wanted an award-wining show about fashion.

There is a difference between award-winning shows about fashion and award-winning fashion.

-ista means someone who follows a principle of something.  Which, if someone followed the principles of the Easter Bunny, she would be an Easter Bunnyista.  Or someone who followed the principles of the west  would be a Westista.

There are so many thoughts needing to be thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment