Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Friendship

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; 
a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
~ Buddha
- - - - -

Sometimes friendships change.  Which, I think, is good.  Because people change.  If you try to hold on to the same type of friendship with a person over the course of decades, that is kind of weird.  You're not the same person you were when you're 40 that you were when you were 10.  In some cases the friendships evolve as we change.  In other cases the friendships just come to a close.

Elizabeth and I had a conversation kind of like this.  I was talking to her about Facebook friends who have unfriended me.  It happens.

Me:  I'm kind of proud of the list of Facebook friends who have unfriended me.

E:  Why?

Me:  Well, in a lot of cases, they turned out to be not very nice people.

E:  Oh.  I guess I'd better --

Me:  Don't say that you have to go home and unfriend me.

E:  Oh, no.  I was going to say that I need to go home and send you a new friend request...

She is a clever one.

No comments:

Post a Comment