Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Window

We all live in a house on fire, no fire department to call; 
no way out, just the upstairs window to look out of 
while the fire burns the house down with us trapped, locked in it.
~ Tennessee Williams
- - - - -

I am going to be moving.  My neighbor smokes and the smell gets in my part of the rental.  She is also freakishly loud.  It didn't use to be so bad because she was only loud on Friday nights when some hilarious show is on or when the St. Louis Cardinals played baseball.  And then she got a roommate.  Now she is loud ALL the time.

Since I've lived here, I have found that I keep my doors and windows closed.  Mainly to keep the noise and smoke out of my home.  But it has had a significant psychological effect on me.  And those of you who know me know that I don't need any additional psychoses.

Right now both of my co-duplex residents are gone.  I have both doors and some windows open.  I like it. 

I also like that I'm not co-duplex residents with Tennessee Williams. Sounds like his place is worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment