Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dad

To me clowns aren't funny.  In fact, they're kind of scary.  
I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back 
to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad.
~ Jack Handy
- - - - -
A clown never killed my dad at a circus.  But clowns are still scary.

The only real circus memory I have is the time we went and Erik got a root beer and then a wasp or a bee was flying around his root beer cup.  Some woman walked up - allegedly to help.  She swatted at the wasp, which flew away.  At the end of her swat, however, she knocked the cup of root beer out of Erik's hand and it spilled all over the ground.  And the woman looked at Erik and then walked away.

I also kind of remember those little gun things that made sparks when you pulled the trigger.  Maybe we got some of those that day.  

My point, though, is that I called my dad LAST Sunday to wish him Happy Father's Day.  Last Sunday was NOT Father's Day.  I think it just goes to show that I probably love my dad more than you love yours if you haven't called him to wish him Happy Pre-Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment