Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Days

Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be.
~ John Phillips
- - - - -
 
Yesterday morning (Tuesday), when I was walking in to the Memorial Union from the parking ramp, I was greeted by a man who said, "Good Monday morning!!"  I was messing around on my phone, so I looked up briefly and said, "Yes."
 
Then I realized it wasn't Monday. 
 
I followed him (because we were headed the same direction not because I was creepering him) and heard him say the same thing to the front desk staff at the MU hotel.  Then I saw him go to a room and look in. The lights were off.  There were no tables set up.  No one was in the room.
 
Then I saw him look at the daily events schedule bulletin board.  Then he pulled papers out from his bag - as though he were checking to see where his 7 a.m. Monday morning meeting was being held.
 
I think he really thought it was Monday. 
 
It reminded me of The Office episode where Dwight thought it was Friday, but it was really Thursday.
 
Now, I don't know what meeting the man missed - if indeed he missed a meeting.  I have to believe, though, that it is better to miss a Monday meeting and take an extra weekend day than it is to think Sunday is Monday and show up to work and wonder where everyone is.
 
And maybe I was creepering him a little.  I just watched him, though.  I didn't stray from my predetermined route in the process.  Is that still creepering?  Not to me.
 
(pause)
 
But maybe to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment