Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Jealousy

To jealousy, nothing is more frightful than laughter.
~ Francoise Sagan
- - - - -

I was at a park the other day and I wondered if clouds and trees ever get jealous of one another.  I realize I'm anthropomorphizing these things.  And I am projecting negative human characteristics on them.  But I wondered.

I thought that maybe a tree would be jealous of a cloud because the cloud can just wander and can see things from up on high and can be closer to the sky and the sun and the stars.

And I thought maybe the cloud would be jealous of the tree because the tree is grounded and connected to something and a part of the global ecosystem.

I guess the grass is always greener.

And the grass is probably jealous of the tree because the tree is tall.  But the grass is not jealous of the clouds because the tree blocks the clouds so the grass doesn't even know they are up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment